Bipolar Disorder: Causes and Mechanisms
- The genetic basis of bipolar disorder
- Brain differences in bipolar disorder
- The central role of the biological clock
- The biological basis of depression
- The big picture
Genes, Stress, and the Brain
- Why are some people so affected by stress?
- Short genes are involved other mental health problems too
- Short genes, alcohol use, and childhood experience
- The serotonin transporter gene in anxiety and depression
- Hey, where do I get my genes tested?
- What happens inside people’s brains when they’re depressed?
- Why do some parts of the brain atrophy during major depression?
- What is causing brain atrophy in depression?
- Some good news: Antishrink molecules!
- All the players on one stage
- Can the shrinkage be reversed?
- Putting it all together