- What We Learned in 2020A look at the top 10 practice-changing highlights in psychiatry from the 2020 Carlat Report. Tardive dyskinesia, inflammation, […]
- RetractedWhat happens when research goes wrong? Fabrication, fraud, and plagiarism can condemn a scientific article to retraction. The problem has been on the rise since 2000, and we get to the bottom of it with Ivan Oransky, cofounder of RetractionWach.com.
- Therapy in the Med Visit: An Interview with Donna SudakDonna Sudak shares her tips for weaving cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) into the 30-minute psychotherapy session with medication.
- How to Sleep: CBT for InsomniaWant to get better sleep without medication? Cognitive behavioral therapy treats insomnia as well as a sleep med, and it also improves depression and immune function. This podcast introduces the first steps of the therapy.
- One Medication Stands Out for Depression with Alcohol AbuseDisulfiram (Antabuse) helped people with depression get sober from alcohol better than any other medication in a new study
- Ritalin, Provigil, and Caffeine ComparedHow do methylphenidate (Ritalin), modafinil (Provigil), and caffeine affect memory and attention? A new study compares them in healthy men.
- Psychotherapy Side Effects: An Interview with Michael LindenCan psychotherapy have side effects? Michael Linden believes it can. He launched some of the key studies that shed light on this under-appreciated phenomenon, and discusses them in this podcast-interview.
1 in 3 people with depression fall in the middle of the mood spectrum (aka bipolar spectrum). Learn what that means and how to treat it.
How genes interact with stress to shape the brain
Mechanisms and causes of bipolar and depression
30 lifestyle changes you can make that treat depression and stabilize bipolar.
A practical textbook for physicians, nurses, therapists, and those who want to understand the science behind the spectrum.
How the mood spectrum looks in real life, with detailed chapters on natural therapies, medications, and tips for friends and family.